Valley ATV Club

Most durable & reliable 2-up with good dealership base

f-throop

It's time for an upgrade.

Contemplating pole hairless or cannd ham in 2-up versions, 850/1000cc

If you were in the market, which brand would you choose & why ?

I am torn between these 2 manufacturers at this point, & looking for some guidance & experiences of others as far as reliability & warranty coverage.

Thanx in advance 

Right now the issue is availability. People have been waiting months to get a machine and some won't be available for a year.

Arctic Cat still makes the TRV in a 700cc machine, but I have no experience with Azzy powersports so I have no idea how good a dealer they are. Cube does not sell machines anymore, but they will still service them for non-warranty work. I like arctic cats because they are easy to work on and you can download the service manual for free.

Can-Am has been shown to be more reliable then the Polaris based on rides I have been on.

• 1 month later...

I just got the grizzly back from Scott Passports. The service manager told me the bill would've been over $2k if it hadn't been covered under my warranty. The only thing that I had to pay for out of pocket was about $110 for a new winch contactor. I having been hemming & hawing between cannd ham & pole hairless. Kinda leaning towards the hairless. If we wanna maga we gotta put our $ where are mouths are. Hairless seems to be most made in the USA of major brands with good dealer base. Farting cat is off the radar until the dust settles & the smoke clears from all the restructuring. It's a shame, 3 years ago they were at the top of the list. I am looking in the 800-1000 cc class. Looking to shakedown the grizzly on the club ride to Dixon on saturday & then one more ride before it gets listed for sale. I wanna replace a few broken cosmetic plastic pieces & put some shiny new hardware & fasteners, so it has more curb appeal.

The price difference is about $1k -$2k between ham & hairless, ham being the more costly. I will road trip if necessary to get whatever I decide to go with. Hoping whatever it is that it's available in camo. It's the best color for outlaw rides lol, & hunting purposes 👍😉