Valley ATV Club

Lackawanna County ATV Feasibility study update & feedback from NEPa sno trails meeting

f-throop

On 3/12 close to a dozen Valley ATV Club members attended the meeting. We were among an estimated 200+, both in person & online. We were well received. There were also several board members from NEPa sno trails in the room. I knew they were having their meeting on the 13th & adjusted my schedule so I could attend it. A lot was discussed.

On the downside they voted to increase the cost of a trail pass to $75/season.

On the positive side they are collaborating with Jim Kemmerer of the Lakewood Lodge to get roads opened in Preston township. They also have gotten uniondale to open up the road between Backwoods BBQ & The Beacon Bar & Grill. They are also developing a few loop trails off of the O&W.

Their attitude about expanding south seems to have changed drastically in the last year. They also seem to be wanting to position themselves to take responsibility of managing the proposed riding areas in Carbondale. After the meeting I was talking with Sean, one of their board members, & he told me his vision is to create a 500 mile or more trail system. I offered my help if & when necessary. He suggested that our clubs might want to consider collaborating. 

I urge all that can attend the NEPa sno trails meetings to do so. They're normally the 2nd Tuesday of the month @6pm 1108 lower main street Forest City. They have a Facebook page. Normally their meetings are public every other month. The private meetings are board of directors meetings. I intend to go to their meetings whenever I am in town. It would be nice if one or two of our members could get on their board of directors, to help steer things in a better direction.

They're finally realizing that their isn't enough snow to keep them going 👍😝

That's all I have to report. Feel free to comment & give feedback etc 

Anytime 👍😉

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's good news and very encouraging. More trails means more money for each community.