Light Upgrades

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_MtnBob_*

Guest_MtnBob_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:00 PM

I did some upgrades to the lights on my Cat. I replaced the four factory bulbs in the headlights with bright white xenon bulbs and mounted up a pair of WARN WXT200S 2" halogen spot lights on the front rack. Those lights plus the LED light bar on the front made a HUGE difference over the straight factory lighting! I can't wait for the night rides at the picnic!

#2 mikeexplorer

mikeexplorer

Secretary

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts
  • Interests:ATV riding, Abandoned Railroad exploring, Model trains, Skiing, and Hiking

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:44 AM

Now we know who the leader for the night ride will be :grin: Did you have any trouble mounting the ballasts for the HID;s ?

Ive thought about doing something with my lights, but what helps me is my headlights are the 4 bulb system.
The headlights on the 366 are already real bright.

Take any pictures of the upgrade ?

2010 Arctic Cat 366 4X4 SE
2012 Arctic Cat 450 4X4 H1

2017 Arctic Cat Alterra 400

#3 Guest_MtnBob_*

Guest_MtnBob_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:24 AM

I may have the lights but it won't mean I know where I am going! LOL, The lights are not HID they are halogen so I did not have separate ballasts. The biggest problem with them was mounting them on the racks. The mounts were made for 7/8" diameter tubing and the tubing on my rack is 3/4" . I ran to the hardware store and got a piece of 3/4 (7/8 OD x 3/4 ID) soft copper tubing and cut and split it and it worked out perfect.. I have not taken any pictures yest but I am going to. See ya tomorrow.

Bob

#4 chefboyrbob

chefboyrbob

Tresurer

• Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • Interests:to be outdoors riding and camping

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:51 AM

Leader of the pack........ :sport:

2012 razor 570.to much money and to much time invested

#5 atv2up

atv2up

500cc Class

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:30 AM

Mike do you really want to put an extra load on that electrical system of yours lol?
Michael Walsh

#6 mikeexplorer

mikeexplorer

Secretary

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts
  • Interests:ATV riding, Abandoned Railroad exploring, Model trains, Skiing, and Hiking

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:38 PM

The bulbs are 37 watts each, well below the max. Besides I fixed the harness better then it was :grin:

The link Bob sent me for the lights do not work on my machine. The connector is at a 90 degree angle and will not clear the headlamp housing. Fortunately the seller also has the same lights with a straight connection and I bought them. Sent the others back and I got credited for them. I didn't want to wait for the exchange since I want these for Potter.

This is the link for the correct lamps.

http://www.ebay.com/...EWAX:IT&vxp=mtr

The original link is this one

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1497.l2649

There apparently is a difference with the TRV headlamp housings verses the LE version (and standard 450/550/650 cats)
So if you want to order these, check BOTH listings carefully.

Mike

2010 Arctic Cat 366 4X4 SE
2012 Arctic Cat 450 4X4 H1

2017 Arctic Cat Alterra 400

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users