Valley ATV Club

Spring Tune up

TimberRider

Spring is just around the corner. We have alot of good rides coming up. Now is the time to do any needed service on your Atv/ SxS. Get it ready for the upcoming season. Change oil and filter, check battery, tires, brakes, radiator. bushings, make sure all fluid levels are full. Check for loose bolts. This is also a good time to take an inventory of your first aid and tire kit. Make sure your compressior is working. Check your winch make sure it's working properly. Inspect your tow strap and tool kit. Make sure you have everything you need just in case you have a problem on the trail. It's eaiser to do this before a ride instead of finding out you have a problem once your out on the trail... :up:

Guest RinconKing

i have no brakes STILL and a flat rear tire on the brand new itp tires...oh also the steering is also still off..need to find a good atv mechanic and quick!!! haha

If the machine has sat over the winter, also check intakes for mice nests. A battery tender is also a good idea to keep a battery in good condition.

Good point Mike, When I traded in my Polaris it was 5 years old and had the original battery in it. I had it on the battery tender year round, when it was parked in my garage it was on the battery tender.

Guest gtchief

Tenders are good, I finally got one recently. I never had a problem without on though so I wouldnt be scared if you dont have one. All my quads were on the original battery when I got rid of them (4+ years old)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest gtchief

Diffs, engine oil, air filter, and brakes are all done. Looks like I have a leaking output seal on the engine that will need to get replaced at somepoint. All ready to roll for next weekend though.