• Interests:Atv'ing, camping, hunting,
    fishing ect. Ride a 2010
    Arctic Cat TRV 550 W/Power
    Steering.3,000 lb. viper winch,
    heated grips and thumb warmer,
    hand guards, horn, speed rack system
    and a h2o bottle holder.

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:08 PM

Spring is just around the corner. We have alot of good rides coming up. Now is the time to do any needed service on your Atv/ SxS. Get it ready for the upcoming season. Change oil and filter, check battery, tires, brakes, radiator. bushings, make sure all fluid levels are full. Check for loose bolts. This is also a good time to take an inventory of your first aid and tire kit. Make sure your compressior is working. Check your winch make sure it's working properly. Inspect your tow strap and tool kit. Make sure you have everything you need just in case you have a problem on the trail. It's eaiser to do this before a ride instead of finding out you have a problem once your out on the trail... :up:
"RIDE OFTEN & RIDE SAFE WEAR A HELMET"
See You On The Trail
2010 Arctic Cat , TRV 550S, W/Power Steering

#2 Guest_gtchief_*

Guest_gtchief_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:21 PM

Good call Dennis. I have brakes, oil, and air filter ready to go; just have to find the time to do it. It'll be done before Whiskey Springs.

#3 Guest_RinconKing_*

Guest_RinconKing_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:56 PM

i have no brakes STILL and a flat rear tire on the brand new itp tires...oh also the steering is also still off..need to find a good atv mechanic and quick!!! haha

#4 mikeexplorer

mikeexplorer

Secretary

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts
  • Interests:ATV riding, Abandoned Railroad exploring, Model trains, Skiing, and Hiking

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:39 AM

If the machine has sat over the winter, also check intakes for mice nests. A battery tender is also a good idea to keep a battery in good condition.

2010 Arctic Cat 366 4X4 SE
2012 Arctic Cat 450 4X4 H1

2017 Arctic Cat Alterra 400

#5 Guest_MtnBob_*

Guest_MtnBob_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:34 AM

If the machine has sat over the winter, also check intakes for mice nests. A battery tender is also a good idea to keep a battery in good condition.

Good point Mike, When I traded in my Polaris it was 5 years old and had the original battery in it. I had it on the battery tender year round, when it was parked in my garage it was on the battery tender.

#6 mikeexplorer

mikeexplorer

Secretary

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts
  • Interests:ATV riding, Abandoned Railroad exploring, Model trains, Skiing, and Hiking

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:12 PM

I did not use a tender at first and the battery in my quad was shot after 2 years. Now I use them.

Mike

#7 Guest_gtchief_*

Guest_gtchief_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:45 PM

Tenders are good, I finally got one recently. I never had a problem without on though so I wouldnt be scared if you dont have one. All my quads were on the original battery when I got rid of them (4+ years old)

#8 mikeexplorer

mikeexplorer

Secretary

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:25 AM

Michelle's quad is still original battery so I will see first hand how much it helps.

Mike

#9 Guest_gtchief_*

Guest_gtchief_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:41 AM

Diffs, engine oil, air filter, and brakes are all done. Looks like I have a leaking output seal on the engine that will need to get replaced at somepoint. All ready to roll for next weekend though.

#10 swampcat07

swampcat07

750cc Class

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Interests:ATVS and Travel

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:45 PM

I changed the Diff Fluid, Oil, Brakes, and a Wheel Bearing on Allison's Cat yesterday. Mine is going to be done sometime this week.

2015 Arctic Cat Trail Limited

2015 Arctic Cat TRV 1000 XT

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1 LE

2007 Arctic Cat 500

#11 mikeexplorer

mikeexplorer

Secretary

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:37 AM

The 366 had an oil change, both got filter changes, new spark plugs, diff fluids changed. I also like to disconnect the battery and clean the terminals.

Mike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users