• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Bigjer

Bigjer

350cc Class

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Interests:any outdoor activity, watching college football (especially Penn State)

Posted 10 March 2011 - 10:51 AM

Someone I work with brought this in from the Forest City News. Looks like the supervisors are on our side. Hopefully this attachment works.
2010 Polaris Sportsman 850 XP EPS
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it

#2 Bigjer

Bigjer

350cc Class

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Interests:any outdoor activity, watching college football (especially Penn State)

Posted 10 March 2011 - 10:57 AM

trying one more time

Attached Files

2010 Polaris Sportsman 850 XP EPS
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it

#3 TimberRider

TimberRider

President

• Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts
  • Interests:Atv'ing, camping, hunting,
    fishing ect. Ride a 2010
    Arctic Cat TRV 550 W/Power
    Steering.3,000 lb. viper winch,
    heated grips and thumb warmer,
    hand guards, horn, speed rack system
    and a h2o bottle holder.

Posted 10 March 2011 - 05:56 PM

Thanks for the posting Jer. Maybe R/T will do an about face and we'll be back on the trail. Have to keep an eye on this and maybe attend a meeting or two to show support of reopening the trail.
"RIDE OFTEN & RIDE SAFE WEAR A HELMET"
See You On The Trail
2010 Arctic Cat , TRV 550S, W/Power Steering

#4 mikeexplorer

mikeexplorer

1000cc Class

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts
  • Interests:ATV riding, Abandoned Railroad exploring, Model trains, Skiing, and Hiking

Posted 11 March 2011 - 05:57 AM

Thanks for posting that, that is interesting news! Is there more to the article? It seemed to be cut off after "He said no work was done..." I know the area they are calling "Phase 2" It is used quite a lot by ATV's and I even had a chance to chat with a family that had stopped to have lunch near Buck Falls. They said they have never been hassled. A good part of that section would have been grown in by now if it wasn't for the ATV activity.

Mike
2007 Arctic Cat 400 4X4 LE, 2010 Arctic Cat 366 4X4 SE, 2012 Arctic Cat 450 4X4 H1

#5 Guest_BIGCAT700_*

Guest_BIGCAT700_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2011 - 08:28 AM

If Lynn Conrad has anything to do with this ATV's won't happen on the R/T OR She will allow ATV's just long enough to get the grant money and then BAN them again.

#6 TimberRider

TimberRider

President

• Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts
  • Interests:Atv'ing, camping, hunting,
    fishing ect. Ride a 2010
    Arctic Cat TRV 550 W/Power
    Steering.3,000 lb. viper winch,
    heated grips and thumb warmer,
    hand guards, horn, speed rack system
    and a h2o bottle holder.

Posted 11 March 2011 - 08:43 AM

From the years I spent up there it's not just Conrad but many of the R/T members that dislike atv's. The bigest problem is the locals who disreguard the speed and noise limits. Then add in the dumpers and you can see why we who follow the rules get the bad press which causes trail closings. DCNR funds the system with ATV/Snowmobile funds so as far as I can see atv's should be allowed on the entire system. There is a real leagal question here that needs to be addresed.
"RIDE OFTEN & RIDE SAFE WEAR A HELMET"
See You On The Trail
2010 Arctic Cat , TRV 550S, W/Power Steering

#7 Guest_BIGCAT700_*

Guest_BIGCAT700_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:04 AM

From the years I spent up there it's not just Conrad but many of the R/T members that dislike atv's. The bigest problem is the locals who disreguard the speed and noise limits. Then add in the dumpers and you can see why we who follow the rules get the bad press which causes trail closings. DCNR funds the system with ATV/Snowmobile funds so as far as I can see atv's should be allowed on the entire system. There is a real leagal question here that needs to be addresed.

Exactly. I don't know how they get away with using DCNR funds for ATV/Snowmobiles and then ban the ATV's. DCNR has to know about this though. Living here full time I can tell you besides the local bad apples the majority causing the problems are 'Out of state" riders who abuse the trails and land owners along the R/T.

#8 swampcat07

swampcat07

750cc Class

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Interests:ATVS and Travel

Posted 11 March 2011 - 11:38 AM

The registration money collected for ATVs and Snowmobiles are put together in a general fund which can be used for either ATVs or Snowmobiles or both. To put it simply motorized recreation.

Rock run was funded this way.
and so will AOAA if it ever gets going.
State trails are no longer receiving money to expand.

Yes rails to trails broke their promise but I don't think anything shady was happening with the funding because it was open to snowmobiles.

It is common practice now for DCNR to require that the club has a long term lease before releasing funding. That was not always the case in the past.

The lesson I have learned is to respect those areas we have open to us and hope they last long enough for our kids to ride them.
2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

#9 Guest_BIGCAT700_*

Guest_BIGCAT700_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2011 - 11:54 AM

The lesson I have learned is to respect those areas we have open to us and hope they last long enough for our kids to ride them.

This is exactly how I feel and hope for.

#10 mikeexplorer

mikeexplorer

1000cc Class

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts
  • Interests:ATV riding, Abandoned Railroad exploring, Model trains, Skiing, and Hiking

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:34 PM

Agreed, she hates ATV's unless a big change in officers of the council happens, it is unlikely to get the D&H side back to ATV usage legally. She wanted me to photograph anyone riding the D&H side when I was out there exploring the railroad bed, yeah right.

Mike

If Lynn Conrad has anything to do with this ATV's won't happen on the R/T OR She will allow ATV's just long enough to get the grant money and then BAN them again.

2007 Arctic Cat 400 4X4 LE, 2010 Arctic Cat 366 4X4 SE, 2012 Arctic Cat 450 4X4 H1

#11 Guest_a676man_*

Guest_a676man_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2011 - 08:43 AM

Exactly. I don't know how they get away with using DCNR funds for ATV/Snowmobiles and then ban the ATV's. DCNR has to know about this though. Living here full time I can tell you besides the local bad apples the majority causing the problems are 'Out of state" riders who abuse the trails and land owners along the R/T.

because we let them get away with it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users