• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mikeexplorer

mikeexplorer

Secretary

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts
  • Interests:ATV riding, Abandoned Railroad exploring, Model trains, Skiing, and Hiking

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:57 AM

Picked up at Gander Mountain yesterday a Garmin Oregon 450t GPS unit. My old unit has been very rugged but the maps on it are 10 years old now and can't be updated. (obsolete unit) Plus it communicates with a computer using a serial port and new machines no longer have them. This unit features a color TFT sunlight readable touchscreen, 100K topo maps of the US already preloaded. The best feature by far is being able to take other custom maps (such as historical maps, or say a trail map) and load them into the unit. This will be a huge help in abandoned railroad exploring and it will allow say taking the map of Bloody Skillet, or Sproul, and have it loaded right into the GPS unit.

It also has a neat feature I can put photos in it that are geotagged and have the unit direct me to where the picture was taken. Still have to pick up the handlebar mount and car adapter, but being it is a touchscreen, the overall size is smaller then my old unit since there are no buttons.

Mike
Attached File  cf-lg.jpg   17.13KB   9 downloads

Attached File  sc-01-lg.jpg   53.83KB   9 downloads

2010 Arctic Cat 366 4X4 SE
2012 Arctic Cat 450 4X4 H1

2017 Arctic Cat Alterra 400

#2 lumpneck

lumpneck

350cc Class

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:29 AM

That's one toy that's going to be put to good use :gimme5:
Dave
2004 Arctic Cat 400 TBX
2006 Kymco Mongoose 250
2006 Arctic Cat DVX 50 (granddaughter's)
2008 Arctic Cat Thundercat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users