Blower motor

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_neparhino_*

Guest_neparhino_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2010 - 04:51 PM

My grizzly was over heating all day. The fan wasnt coming on to cool it down, but I thought it was a fuse but the fan isnt fused. I took the fan off and hooked it up directly to 12v( battery) If it were a good fan wouldnt it kick on being hooked direct to battery?

#2 chefboyrbob

chefboyrbob

Tresurer

• Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • Interests:to be outdoors riding and camping

Posted 05 March 2010 - 05:04 PM

Justin

all fans are fused check your owners manuel..If you connected it to a 12 volt source and had a proper ground it should have turned on, if not i would say the fan is cooked....

2012 razor 570.to much money and to much time invested

#3 Guest_neparhino_*

Guest_neparhino_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2010 - 05:28 PM

I would think the fan should be fused so I checked the manual and online and for some reason it isnt fused. Hooked it directly up to 12v and nothing. 230 bucks for a new one. good ride today besides this issue, Mayfield to Olyphant.

#4 mikeexplorer

mikeexplorer

Secretary

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts
  • Interests:ATV riding, Abandoned Railroad exploring, Model trains, Skiing, and Hiking

Posted 06 March 2010 - 06:38 AM

I find that really unusual that they wouldn't put a fuse for the fan. If the fan jams up with gunk, far better to blow a fuse then to fry the fan. I would seriously consider adding a fuse to it or a resetting circuit breaker.

Measure the dimensions of your fan, you might be able to find an aftermarket one far cheaper.

Mike

2010 Arctic Cat 366 4X4 SE
2012 Arctic Cat 450 4X4 H1

2017 Arctic Cat Alterra 400

#5 Guest_neparhino_*

Guest_neparhino_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2010 - 07:17 AM

I called yamaha and they said 07 never got a fuse but 08's did. and thats the only 2 years they made grizzly 400's. found a few fans on ebay averaging $100, hopefully I can snag one of those. Mike, How would I reset the "cicuit breaker"? Also, would I just put an inline fuse on the (+) wire going to the fan? Ya think it had anything to do with the ocassional mud and water? :rolleyes:

#6 mikeexplorer

mikeexplorer

Secretary

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts
  • Interests:ATV riding, Abandoned Railroad exploring, Model trains, Skiing, and Hiking

Posted 07 March 2010 - 06:40 AM

No doubt the mud and water contributed to the fan problem. Since there was no fuse to stop the current draw, it fried the coils in the fan. A fuse would be installed inline to the (+) lead.

I am surprised to hear they did not include a fuse for the fan, no doubt that is why it fried.

What I am talking about is a self-resetting circuit breaker. It takes the place of a fuse and will open up in the event of an overload or short. After a set time it resets itself. Now if the trouble is still there, it simply opens up again until the problem is resolved. There are direct replacements for these fuses for Arctic Cat machines but the fuses are probably the same. They would look like a modern day automotive fuse, colored differently according to the amperage rating. They plug in as a replacement for a fuse so no socket changes are needed. I can get you prices and a link for buying these if your interested. You need to find out what size fuse is used in the later model of your machine (probably a 10 or 15 amp) so you can install the correct size. Arctic Cats use a 15 amp fuse for the fan.

Mike

I called yamaha and they said 07 never got a fuse but 08's did. and thats the only 2 years they made grizzly 400's. found a few fans on ebay averaging $100, hopefully I can snag one of those. Mike, How would I reset the "cicuit breaker"? Also, would I just put an inline fuse on the (+) wire going to the fan? Ya think it had anything to do with the ocassional mud and water? :rolleyes:

2010 Arctic Cat 366 4X4 SE
2012 Arctic Cat 450 4X4 H1

2017 Arctic Cat Alterra 400

#7 swampcat07

swampcat07

750cc Class

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Interests:ATVS and Travel

Posted 10 March 2010 - 06:45 AM

Get 1 for $50 at autozone. You can match it up your size. The fan usally breaks if you enter the mud/water with the fan running. If you need more details on the replacement fan e-mail me.

2015 Arctic Cat Trail Limited

2015 Arctic Cat TRV 1000 XT

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1 LE

2007 Arctic Cat 500

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users