3 replies to this topic

#1 atv2up

atv2up

500cc Class

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 08:35 AM

Hello all, is there anyone in the Marshalls Creek area that does service on ATV's? I drowened mine in a mud hole last week and want someone to do all the necessary work to get me back up and running.
Michael Walsh

#2 mikeexplorer

mikeexplorer

Secretary

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts
  • Interests:ATV riding, Abandoned Railroad exploring, Model trains, Skiing, and Hiking

Posted 18 November 2009 - 05:07 PM

Hello all, is there anyone in the Marshalls Creek area that does service on ATV's? I drowned mine in a mud hole last week and want someone to do all the necessary work to get me back up and running.

I don't remember what kind of machine yours is but Pocono Motorsports is not far away from you.

http://www.poconomotorsports.com/

I have not drowned mine yet but the procedure I have seen to get back up and running is first to drain the airbox out. Then pull the plug and crank it a few times to blow the water out of the cylinder(s). Then tip it up on end so the exhaust pipe is down to drain that out (if you drowned the whole thing) If you only did a head-dip, then you can skip that part. Then change the oil, fire it up for a few min then shut it down and change the oil again looking for water. Sometimes it will take up to four oil changes to get the water out of the system completely. SO I would use the cheapie oil at first until your sure its all out of the system.

Mike

2010 Arctic Cat 366 4X4 SE
2012 Arctic Cat 450 4X4 H1

2017 Arctic Cat Alterra 400

#3 Guest_bigben_*

Guest_bigben_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2009 - 08:47 AM

marshalls creek. I don't know of any service centers there but a buddy of mines camp is not far from there. anyhow. I would drain the oil a few times like mike said. I have heard that marvel mystery oil is the best thing out there to get all the water out of your motor. I kinda swamped mine at a poker run back at the summer time. it shut off under water and water came back in through the exhaust. I went to crank it which it normally starts right up and it hydro locked. so I stopped. pulled it out and stood on end. pulled the plug and hit the starter a few times and then blew the plug out. put the plug in and fired it up and drove it the rest of the poker run. then when I got home I changed the oil three times to be sure. nothing noticable wrong. I imagine you got it in your air box which is worse. that means ya got water in your oil. mine just went into the cylinder and that was it.

#4 swampcat07

swampcat07

750cc Class

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Interests:ATVS and Travel

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:13 PM

If you did not find a place yet call rusty palmers. It is a trip but they do good work there.

I know the CVT is full of water. The air box did not seem that bad but there was a good amount of water in the exhaust.

For the do-it-yourselfer

A trick used instead of changing the oil a ton of times is to dispace the oil and water by filling the engine with diesel, just make sure there is no spark plug or ingition source.

2015 Arctic Cat Trail Limited

2015 Arctic Cat TRV 1000 XT

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1 LE

2007 Arctic Cat 500

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users