dirty radiator

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_ATVorrs_*

Guest_ATVorrs_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2009 - 05:05 PM

Just throwing this out there as a reminder to clean your radiator. I am pretty good at cleaning mine after each ride but didnt do it after the last ride up the moutain and had to do some work on one of my front shocks and got looking at the radiator and 25% of it was block up with mud. So I uesd Kathy's flower watering wand that has a 90 degree head on it and it washed right out.

#2 mikeexplorer

mikeexplorer

Secretary

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts
  • Interests:ATV riding, Abandoned Railroad exploring, Model trains, Skiing, and Hiking

Posted 13 November 2009 - 05:22 PM

Just throwing this out there as a reminder to clean your radiator. I am pretty good at cleaning mine after each ride but didnt do it after the last ride up the moutain and had to do some work on one of my front shocks and got looking at the radiator and 25% of it was block up with mud. So I uesd Kathy's flower watering wand that has a 90 degree head on it and it washed right out.

At SSRT last April I was having issues with running hot (not enough to throw the light on) but caused sputtering and hard starts. Took the front grate off and cleaned it, but it was not enough. Had to remove it completely to clean it out. Now I make sure I wash it out after each ride to prevent that again.

Mike

2010 Arctic Cat 366 4X4 SE
2012 Arctic Cat 450 4X4 H1

2017 Arctic Cat Alterra 400

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users