winch controls

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_ATVorrs_*

Guest_ATVorrs_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2009 - 01:35 PM

I was given a warn 2500 winch it works and have the wires from the battery and to the winch but no solenoid or rocker switch and was looking to get them for less than the $70 to $100 that i am finding them for. Any help finding them for less would be greatly appreciated. thanks

#2 Guest_MtnBob_*

Guest_MtnBob_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2009 - 02:00 PM

I installed a new Viper winch on my quad last summer and because it had a factory winch I did not use the harness and switch, solonoid etc. So you can have them if tey can work for you. I'll bring them to Mondays meeting.

MtnBob

#3 Guest_ATVorrs_*

Guest_ATVorrs_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2009 - 03:22 PM

great!!!! thank you i will see you there

#4 swampcat07

swampcat07

750cc Class

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Interests:ATVS and Travel

Posted 30 October 2009 - 04:54 PM

I know you just found one, but gorilla makes the solonoid for $25 and I used that and a 3 way switch ($5) on the teryx.

Rob

2015 Arctic Cat Trail Limited

2015 Arctic Cat TRV 1000 XT

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1 LE

2007 Arctic Cat 500

#5 Guest_ATVorrs_*

Guest_ATVorrs_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 October 2009 - 05:55 PM

Thanks swampcat i see the solenoid but what is the switch a dash mount kind ? if so it wont work on the bars where i would like to put it but again thank you !!!

#6 swampcat07

swampcat07

750cc Class

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Interests:ATVS and Travel

Posted 31 October 2009 - 06:20 PM

Thanks swampcat i see the solenoid but what is the switch a dash mount kind ? if so it wont work on the bars where i would like to put it but again thank you !!!

Thats a very good point. I have some things mounted to my pod but it might look out of place on your ATV. Hope it works out with Bobs then you will be set.

2015 Arctic Cat Trail Limited

2015 Arctic Cat TRV 1000 XT

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1 LE

2007 Arctic Cat 500

#7 Guest_ATVorrs_*

Guest_ATVorrs_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2009 - 09:59 AM

Well worked on the winch after work this week. On Tuesday I took off the plastic and bumpber that had to be removed, mounted the contactor the rocker switch and the plug for the ten foot corded remote. Wednesday i ran the wires for the two controls and the power to the winch and from the battery. Thursday UPS came with the winch mount so that went in next. Now, for the winch, which I got off of the guy that sold me the quad, it was used and not working. Turned out to be one of the wires coming from the brushes was off so I re-soudered that, cleaned up all the grease and it turned out to be in very good shape! Greased it all up, installed it on the Rincon, put everything back together hooked it up to a pole in the the garage and gave it a pull test, worked great. Kathy, Jamie, John and myself are going out today for a ride so if we get stuck we will be good to go. THANKS AGAIN to MtnBob for the winch controls!

#8 Guest_MtnBob_*

Guest_MtnBob_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:37 PM

Glad it worked for you, It was just collecting dust in my garage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users