Radio Static

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_justin_*

Guest_justin_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:38 PM

I recently installed a pioneer CD player/radio in my rhino. Nothing fancy just hooked up to two small speakers. The ACC lead goes the helmet warning light which stays lit when the key is on, the battery lead goes to a fuse block connected directly to the battery, and its grounded to the frame. When I press the brake the radio goes completely static. Any ideas what could cause this?

#2 mikeexplorer

mikeexplorer

Secretary

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts
  • Interests:ATV riding, Abandoned Railroad exploring, Model trains, Skiing, and Hiking

Posted 23 July 2009 - 05:08 AM

This might seem far fetched but the application of the brakes might be introducing electrical noise as the pads rub against the rotors. One way to check this is to put a larger sized capacitor across the power leads to the radio. If the static goes away that means it is filtering out electrical noise. Your quad could also have the feature of engine braking and the back-emf from the induction coil (that fires the spark plug) is a high probability of causing electrical noise. They used to sell in auto stores a filter kit for sound systems since older cars would have this problem from the induction coils.

Mike

2010 Arctic Cat 366 4X4 SE
2012 Arctic Cat 450 4X4 H1

2017 Arctic Cat Alterra 400

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users