Grizzly Oil

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_justin_*

Guest_justin_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2009 - 06:18 AM

A question for all you grizzly riders here or any other riders. Does anyone use anything other than factory filters and factory oil in their machines? I have been using valvoline motorcycle oil( because it says it is "wet clutch" safe), and and a fram motorcycle filter. No problems yet, just looking for some input on this. Thanks guys!

#2 mikeexplorer

mikeexplorer

Secretary

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts
  • Interests:ATV riding, Abandoned Railroad exploring, Model trains, Skiing, and Hiking

Posted 06 June 2009 - 06:52 AM

I own an Arctic Cat and I use their oil change kit. It comes with the filter and a gallon of synthetic oil that is wet clutch certified. The kit costs like $45 but I figure its worth it to preserve the engine for long term. My quad is oil cooled so it takes 3.75 quarts to fill it up. Some kits I got has stuff to dump in the gas to clean out the carb.

Mike

2010 Arctic Cat 366 4X4 SE
2012 Arctic Cat 450 4X4 H1

2017 Arctic Cat Alterra 400

#3 chefboyrbob

chefboyrbob

Tresurer

• Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • Interests:to be outdoors riding and camping

Posted 06 June 2009 - 07:16 AM

Justin

I run castrol 10/40 non energy conserving oil and fram or emglo filters in all my bikes and have never had a problem

2012 razor 570.to much money and to much time invested

#4 Guest_Greg Hamill_*

Guest_Greg Hamill_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2009 - 04:35 PM

I run Amsoil 0-40 in my Grizzly and use Yamaha oil filters. I only change the filter on the third or fourth oil change. I have cut open dozens of oil and fuel filters on everything from my rig to my riding mower and have never found much of anything in the oil filters. The fuel filters on my rig however are completely different story those things get extremely dirty. I have actually had the big Cat in my rig almost quit running because of dirty fuel a couple of times.

Bottom line, Oil filters on your ATV really do not need to be changed all that often. Some will say that they are relatively cheep but if they are not getting dirty then why replace them?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users