rhino clutch kit?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_justin_*

Guest_justin_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2009 - 05:56 AM

I want to put a clutch kit on my Rhino for better "pull" up hills. Anyone recommend a certain brand or set up?

#2 Guest_Polaris Ray_*

Guest_Polaris Ray_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2009 - 10:04 AM

I want to put a clutch kit on my Rhino for better "pull" up hills. Anyone recommend a certain brand or set up?

My buddy got some stuff from here and he recommends it. Depends if thats that type of riding you are going to do though.
http://kmsperformanc...yamaharhino.htm

#3 Guest_justin_*

Guest_justin_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:01 PM

Thanks Ray, I checked it out but I didnt see anything for a 450. I have an EPI kit on my grizzly with a blue secondary spring and 16 gram roller weights, so I'm gonna try that set-up on my Rhino for now, because it made a world of difference on my grizzly, especially with 27" mudlites, but I'm gonna try this install on my own to save some labor costs. Anyone have any pointers on this project? :blush:

#4 Guest_Polaris Ray_*

Guest_Polaris Ray_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2009 - 06:47 PM

Thanks Ray, I checked it out but I didnt see anything for a 450. I have an EPI kit on my grizzly with a blue secondary spring and 16 gram roller weights, so I'm gonna try that set-up on my Rhino for now, because it made a world of difference on my grizzly, especially with 27" mudlites, but I'm gonna try this install on my own to save some labor costs. Anyone have any pointers on this project? :blush:

If it is like a clutch kit for a sportsman, watch the secondary clutch. In the instruction they gave me it is like step by step details. Never says anything about the using a clutch vice to while removing the snap ring. I sat there looking at the helix aiming at my face contemplating pulling it off, something told me I was about to get a ride to the hospital. I called Caddie Labars and talked to the mechanic there and he told me you need to use a clutch vice otherwise you'll "be picking your teeth up off the floor" I took it up there they swapped it out for me I think I paid like $20 or something in that range. Front is more intimidating then hard though, at least on the sportsman.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users