New Forum

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_MtnBob_*

Guest_MtnBob_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2009 - 10:20 PM

Hi Everybody!
Here is a new forum to talk about the technical side of ATV's, troubleshooting, repairing, modifications, hardware, specifications, etc.

MtnBob

#2 Guest_Polaris Ray_*

Guest_Polaris Ray_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2009 - 10:24 PM

Funny you put this forum up....
I just bought a boondocker control box for my quad(2009 sportsman 800).
Any one ever install one of these? Better yet. Any one know a reputable speed/quad shop that installs stuff like this. My schematics don't match up, I can probably get it on, but the curves and programming are beyond me....
Any help?

#3 mikeexplorer

mikeexplorer

Secretary

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts
  • Interests:ATV riding, Abandoned Railroad exploring, Model trains, Skiing, and Hiking

Posted 17 May 2009 - 06:08 AM

Hi Everybody!
Here is a new forum to talk about the technical side of ATV's, troubleshooting, repairing, modifications, hardware, specifications, etc.

MtnBob

Great Idea!

Mike

2010 Arctic Cat 366 4X4 SE
2012 Arctic Cat 450 4X4 H1

2017 Arctic Cat Alterra 400

#4 chefboyrbob

chefboyrbob

Tresurer

• Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • Interests:to be outdoors riding and camping

Posted 17 May 2009 - 06:16 AM

Polaris Ray try main jet technologies on route 6 in carbondale they are into fine tuning and performance mode to bikes and quads..ask for bob he is the owner...... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

2012 razor 570.to much money and to much time invested

#5 Guest_justin_*

Guest_justin_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2009 - 07:41 AM

I would probably get something thats "plug and play'. It would be much more reliable.

#6 Guest_justin_*

Guest_justin_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2009 - 07:55 AM

Nice forum by the way. This could be very helpful. Especially for those who stray off the beaten path :rolleyes:

#7 TimberRider

TimberRider

VATV Founder

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts
  • Interests:Atv'ing, camping, hunting,
    fishing ect. Ride a 2010
    Arctic Cat TRV 550 W/Power
    Steering.3,000 lb. viper winch,
    heated grips and thumb warmer,
    hand guards, horn, speed rack system
    and a h2o bottle holder.

Posted 17 May 2009 - 04:42 PM

Nice addition Bob. This will be a very helpful forum.. Good thinking.
"RIDE OFTEN & RIDE SAFE WEAR A HELMET"
See You On The Trail
2010 Arctic Cat , TRV 550S, W/Power Steering

#8 Guest_Cutter_*

Guest_Cutter_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2009 - 03:13 PM

This type of forum is very helpful. Can save you a lot of time and $$$$$$.

#9 Guest_RENEGADE_*

Guest_RENEGADE_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:22 AM

Just wanted to chip in here. Anyone with electrical related problems on their atv's, bikes autos, post it and I'll check in and see if I can help out. I've got a lifetime background of electrical schooling and repairing building etc. from automotive to industrial to residential, heating etc etc. I always said an electron is an electron no matter what machine, building or system it is flowing through. I'll be happy to share my bag of tricks for finding shorts, causes of dead batteries, blown fuses etc etc. I've also worked several years as a bike, atv mechanic at a few dealerships. I am actually a mechanical designer by profession however. My girlfriend Michelle and I really enjoyed your group at the Lawton ride. We are hoping to become members. We took lots of photos at the ride and even enroute on the trails but alas we may have dropped our camera at the parking spot where one 1st arrives at the bottom of the main entrance on the left. We were right at the entrance of a trail that led off to the left. Just before that entrance. I was driving a black quad cab dodge diesel with a red 700 grizzly and my friend had the really dressed up truck of the same description right next to me. Just in case anyone passes by there. My number is 570-247-1024. Canon digitial camera. Lots of event pics on it. Michelle was planning on posting them on the web here. I also wondered how one creates a new post here. I have an ATV up for sale and a few motorcycles. Thanks yall. PS always looking for repair work too, to help pay my bills beside always draining my regular paycheck. Any technical advice on troubleshooting etc. is always a pleasure to give. I think my reason for being on this planet is for helping people. Sorry for the lengthy post too.

#10 Guest_justin_*

Guest_justin_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2009 - 03:28 PM

Welcome, I had the camo grizzly at the Lawton ride and shot the bull with ya on a couple of the stops about riding Miller Mtn.

#11 Guest_RENEGADE_*

Guest_RENEGADE_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2009 - 06:19 PM

Thanks for the chat at the ride Justin. Looking forward to seeing the bunch again soon. Any more rides coming up? I can't access the claendar link on this site.

#12 Guest_justin_*

Guest_justin_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2009 - 06:28 PM

We do have two rides some of us will be going to, one being Bloody skillet in renovo PA on june 13th and the other being the springville poker run on the 14th. We do have a club meeting coming up on monday june 1st if you wanted to join and meet some more of the guys. And I do believe you need to be a club member to view the full forum.

#13 Guest_Bernie1969_*

Guest_Bernie1969_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2009 - 07:54 PM

Welcome to the site RENEGADE !

#14 MtRider

MtRider

350cc Class

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:ATV Riding , Hunting , Golfing

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:25 PM

Welcome to our site Renegade. (I was the red suzuki rollover) :blush: :blush:

#15 mikeexplorer

mikeexplorer

Secretary

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts
  • Interests:ATV riding, Abandoned Railroad exploring, Model trains, Skiing, and Hiking

Posted 28 May 2009 - 04:57 AM

We do have two rides some of us will be going to, one being Bloody skillet in renovo PA on june 13th and the other being the springville poker run on the 14th. We do have a club meeting coming up on monday june 1st if you wanted to join and meet some more of the guys. And I do believe you need to be a club member to view the full forum.

Yes registering on the site does NOT make you a Valley ATV club member. A registered user sees the top half of the forum. Club members sees the whole board which includes members only stuff.

Mike

#16 Guest_RENEGADE_*

Guest_RENEGADE_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2009 - 02:18 PM

Yes registering on the site does NOT make you a Valley ATV club member. A registered user sees the top half of the forum. Club members sees the whole board which includes members only stuff.

Mike

Thanks for the infor and thanks everyone for the welcome too. Michelle, my son and I want to join the club. I believe we were quoted $15 per person and something like $20 or $25 family deal. We wish to do this asap. Now this Monday meeting may possibly be an impossibility for me. We work way out in Towanda. A good 2 hours from Avoca. Is there another way we can join and pay the membership dues? I can be reached at 268-8747 days at work til 3 or so. 247-1024 eves. I appreciate any help. Mike.

#17 mikeexplorer

mikeexplorer

Secretary

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 04:00 PM

Thanks for the infor and thanks everyone for the welcome too. Michelle, my son and I want to join the club. I believe we were quoted $15 per person and something like $20 or $25 family deal. We wish to do this asap. Now this Monday meeting may possibly be an impossibility for me. We work way out in Towanda. A good 2 hours from Avoca. Is there another way we can join and pay the membership dues? I can be reached at 268-8747 days at work til 3 or so. 247-1024 eves. I appreciate any help. Mike.

You can download an application from the home page. Dennis's mailing address is on the page. Then he will give it to me to file it. Or I can PM my address to you.

Mike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users